Friday, November 17, 2006

Self Talk: "I want to be a writer."

Time for a little self talk~ (first time i'm doing this...i think)
Since 6 months back, my subconscious had been telling me one thing, "I want to be a writer."

Along the way, i talked to many people and well, got a fair bit of responses from both sides of the fence.
Lester's was the most supportive of them. (and still is - thanks Lester)

I started to write then, because we concluded that the only way to be a writer is well~ start writing. Thus, the birth of this blog. (after lots of email bouncing between Lester and me)

Today, i was listening to twit (with my mobile), and one of the guest was Dr Jerry Pournelle. (read more on him by clicking his name, or well...google it)

To shorten things up, i got interested in knowing more about him and well~ googled his name and came to this article:
How to get my job: By Jerry Pournelle, July 1999

How did i feel after reading the article?
Well, for one, i get a lot of ego popping at me from the article. (but he sure deserved it)
The main point is, it's effective writing, enough to make me blog it.

Do you want to be a writer or an author too?
If you want to badly, you can/will/should/could/would do it. (it'll sound familiar after you have read
the article)

"It had never been a question of yes or no, it's more want or don't want..."
Would i be able to achieve a self-fulfilling prophecy?
I know, i want to achieve that.

saklas aka zann aka jestre

No comments: