Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ode to Thy Soul, Confusion in the Making

I sit here in a distant land, transfixing my glance at a rotating sign board in pink and yellow, advertising tea or coffee at a dollar and a johnny walker banner that is spelled in reverse.

I sit here pondering about existence, why on earth do we call one, one. Isn't it possible for one to be called two and have the same meaning. Why on earth is fidelity a virtue and promiscuousness frowned upon, even by ourselves?

Questions after questions cycles around my head. Sometimes they take an easy stroll, sometimes they sprint around, threatening to wear out my mental track. When they are sprinting around, i write to put them to put them in their place, slowing them down as my fingers ain't as fast as my thoughts.

The elusive rabbit hops on all fours, with no given pattern or habits.
The elusive rabbit chews on all food, with no quirky preference of greens, nuts or flowers.
The elusive rabbit has a name, which we usually know as life.

When do we know if we are facing an opportunity, when do we know if we are facing a threat – both situations is so subjective, you would never know if you are taking the right choice based on a self, which we base on other selfs, who are we, and who tells us what to think of?

Sunrise, sunset, fireflies blink me a goodbye.
Turning left, turning right, at the junction, let us say goodbye.



1 comment:

Zin said...

I like this post, especially the bit about the elusive rabbit. Keep writing. :)